1. I am thankful for laughter. I love how you can have the worst day, but a good laugh can turn that right around.
2. I'm thankful for Alex Jimenez who has been my best friend for 18 years.
3. I am so thankful for my oldest son Greyson who is often responsible beyond his 8 years.
4. I am thankful for my youngest son Grant who is just as quick with a hilarious one-liner as he is to give hugs.
5. I am thankful for ALL of my jobs: Parent, wife, GrowthWorks, Red Cross.
6. I am thankful for my family. For my parents, Stanley & Janet Laskos who have helped me out so much with the kids since Alex has been gone and who helped provide me with an education so that I didn't start my adult life off in debt. For my sister Marie who is a great Aunt and who has even gone as far as to have others check up on me when she knows I'm having a hard day. For Stanley Laskos & Alison Laskos who have each watched my crazy kids. And for Shelly & Jeff Seymour who buy my kids great Christmas presents.
7. I am thankful that I have mostly "wants" in my life and very few "needs."
8. I am thankful that I went to Camp Kinawind in 1993. That experience has been the catalyst for so many other experiences in my life that have affected me spiritually, socially and professionally.
9. Thankful that I live in a place with all 4 seasons. I love the smells of each season. The leaves in the fall, with a turkey baking at Thanksgiving. The fresh smell of snow, and pine trees at Christmas, cookies baking on a snow day. The earthy smell of spring promising growth, and the smell of flowers at Easter services. The smell of baked sand and the slightly fishy waters of the Great Lakes.
10. I'm thankful I got a good report from Greyson's teacher. She said multiple times how intelligent and enjoyable he is.
Grant only needs to be taught things once, but like most kindergarteners, needs to work on his social skills!
11.I'm thankful for all the Veterans in my family. My Grandpa Laskos, my dad Stanley J Laskos Jr, and my brother Stanley Michael Laskos. And the MANY cousins on both sides of my family. Thanks!
12. & 13. Thankful that my sister always arranges mini-vacations for us! And thankful to be headed to Chicago this time :)
14. I'm thankful I've had so many opportunities to travel and thankful also that my children are receiving that opportunity too.
15. I'm thankful for resilience. Over the last three years I feel like life has left me beaten down and broken, but somehow I am still whole.
16. I am thankful for my huge extended family. At last count (my wedding) I had 70 aunts, uncles, and first cousins (this does not count my cousin's kids!). I can truly say they are my friends too :)
17. I'm thankful that my kids have a sense of humor and are resilient too.
18. I am thankful for every night my kids go to bed on time and sleep through the night!
19. I'm thankful for good friends and for good food, especially when combined together!
20. I am thankful for sincerity. It always means so much when someone sincerely says thank you, or really wants to know how you are doing and it's so much better than someone just going through the motions.
21. I'm thankful for tomorrows.
22. I'm thankful my house is a home.
23.I'm thankful for modern transportation that allows our loved ones to travel huge distances in relatively short amounts of time.
Worst. Airport. Traffic. EVER. Thankful that this is my *problem*
24. I am thankful for Sarah Hale who worked for 38 years to make Thanksgiving a national holiday. I'm thankful for all the heroes who use the superpower of persistence.
25. Thankful for a night out with my husband last night AND that he was/is home for the holiday AND thanks to FB "ran" into some friends :)
26. I'm thankful for movies that are just as entertaining for the parents as they are for the kids.
27. I'm thankful that I get to read to my kids every night.
28. I'm thankful that rain is not forever....even if it may seem like it!
29. I'm thankful to God, from whom all blessings flow.
30. I am so very thankful that my two bestest friends were born today! Happy Birthday Alex Jimenez and Marie Laskos!!!!!!!