Friday, August 26, 2011

A job well done

No man is an island, and neither is any mom either.
This summer our family was treated to having Amelia babysit 3 days a week for us. She took the kids to the splash park, supervised "homework," made sure chores got done, made double decker quesadillas and BOXES of mac & cheese. The bonus for me was I didn't need to get the kids dressed and out the door 3 days a week!
Today is Amelia's last day before she migrates back to college for the fall semester. As I reflect back on the summer I am truly grateful to all the effort she put into her summer job, aka helping me raise my kids!
What they say is true: you will never know how much this means until you go through it too. I am thankful for everyone who has helped me out in this all-consuming profession of being a parent.
And Amelia, thanks for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment